Immigration News & Updates

Weekly Immigration Newsletter
Immigration Reform/DREAM ACT

Immigration Attorney south florida
    Successful Approvals of Visas Including Work, Study, Fiancée, Business and more
    Residency Through Family, Employment, Investment and Personal Achievement…
    Become A U.S. Citizen…
  • caroly pedersen ATTORNEY CAROLY PEDERSEN
    Making Your Immigration Dreams Come True!

Ask Attorney Caroly Pedersen

Free Case Evaluation

Can't read the image? Click here to refresh

Subscribe To Our Free

Weekly Immigration Newsletter

Come Visit Us


Attorney Caroly Pedersen
2771 Executive Park Drive Suite 4
Weston, Florida 33331

Telephone: (954) 382-5378

Contact Us Now
Map & Directions

Immigration attorney Pedersen Law

E-mail Form

Schedule Your FREE

Attorney Consultation

U.S. Tourist - Visitor Visas

Extending stay for an additional period of time in the U.S.

B-1 and B-2 visa holders are also both eligible to apply to extend their time in the U.S. by demonstrating a need for Business purposes, medical treatment, etc. or desire to travel or extend tourism in the U.S. for a temporary period up to six months. Extension requests are not guaranteed and must be supported by extensive documentation to establish eligibility.

Visa Waiver Pilot Program

Nationals of some countries are allowed to participate in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) which allows visits for up to 90 days without having to obtain the B-2 visa. Currently, 36 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program, as shown below:

Visa Waiver Pilot Program

All Canadian citizens are also exempt from getting a visa under a different law. While being able to travel without a visa is convenient for many, it is important to be aware of a few key restrictions on people entering under the VWPP. First, unlike a normal B-2 visas under which a visitor will be authorized to stay for six months, VWPP entrants can only stay for 90 days. Second, it is NOT possible to apply for an extension of stay or a change of status to another non-immigrant or immigrant classification. Finally, a VWPP entrant can normally not apply for a new visa at a U.S. consulate in Mexico or Canada and reenter the U.S..

We Can Help You Make Your Immigration Dreams Come True!

For more information about changing to another visa inside the U.S. or extending your stay past the date on your I-94 card, call or email our office to schedule an Attorney Consultation so that we can fully review your circumstances and give you the best, most honest advice concerning what steps you can take to obtain a new visa or extension of time in the U.S..

To help you succeed in obtaining your new visa or extension of stay, our Firm will carefully review your eligibility, provide valuable advice regarding your qualifications, prepare a professional case, properly support your case with all the required documentation, represent you through the proceedings and support you through the entire immigration process. We look forward to meeting you and helping you to achieve your immigration dreams!

Find out how Pedersen Law can make your Immigration dreams come true! Your Success Is Our Greatest Reward – see you soon...

learn more